Log in or sign up here
Starts Saturday 4 August, 2012
InSync Integrated Life Coaching Training
(Incorporating Meditation Teaching)
Learn how to help others be who they want to be, achieve what they want to achieve.
Program objectives This program will help you to :
- Encourage, uplift and inspire others to realise their full potential
- Tune into others and understand the uniqueness of their life and what actions they can take to enjoy more happiness, health and success
- Mentor people in a wide variety of situations, with skill, ease and confidence
- Discover a range of effective mind/body techniques and strategies
- Assist and coach others to recognise their true purpose and direction
- Help clients identify their core values, guiding principles and compelling goals for enduring happiness, well-being and success
- Assist others in developing effective action plans to bring about their desired outcomes
- Work with others to identify and change blocks, fears, anxieties and unhelpful patterns that may undermine their success and happiness
- Help those in need of physical and emotional healing to develop effective strategies and plans to move forward
- Gain a deeper understanding of the science of developing awareness and how to support people on their life journey
- Understand more deeply the mechanics for helping people develop an effective meditation practice and ways to enhance it systematically over time
- Teach a diverse range of meditation techniques, including those appropriate for individual and group instruction
- Deepen and strengthen your meditation experience and learn a range of meditation techniques, including advanced practices
- Dynamically enhance your personal development - spiritual, mental, emotional and physical.
Main focus areas of the Training Program
The InSync Integrated Life Coaching Training program is an innovative program based on thousands of hours of experiential knowledge, combining the best contemporary wisdom with the key principles of Yoga psychology, Ayurveda and Vedic Science. Some of the key areas of focus include:
- Mind/body/spirit frameworks for growth and evolution
- The role of meditation as a tool for healing, reducing stress and anxiety, achieving enhanced performance and supporting people through challenges and change
- How to motivate and encourage people to grow and change
- Skills of enquiry, strategic questioning, authentic listening, rapport building and attunement with others in communication, and effective planning
- Handling difficulties and problems that may arise
- Using a professionally structured approach to meditation instruction and retreat program facilitation
- Approaches to higher consciousness, the varieties of experience that people can have on the journey and the significance of these experiences
- A professionally structured approach to meditation instruction and retreat program facilitation
- Approaches to the physiology of consciousness and transformation from the viewpoint of the wisdom traditions
- Communication, facilitation, learning and teaching skills to effectively share this wisdom.
The Program content includes:
- A structured framework for coaching others
- The role of coaching in specific situations including:
- executive coaching
- coaching for leaders and managers
- coaching for those facing important life challenges
- coaching people through change
- coaching for healing
- Coaching for career direction and workplace issues, relationships, work/life balance, developing abundance awareness and financial success
- Counseling and coaching skills for teachers
- Leadership and communication skills
- The role of the life coach/spiritual and/or meditation teacher
- Frameworks for understanding individuation and differing needs
- Understanding the basic nature of individuals and their unique needs and preferences
- The role of the 8 Limbs of Yoga in supporting others, including meditation, asana and pranayama
- Understanding different techniques and approaches
- Time management skills
- Principles of leadership and team development
- Principles of change management
- A professionally structured approach to meditation instruction
- A structured approach to teaching meditation in a wide range of contexts
- The role of meditation in coaching others
- The mechanics of effective meditation
- The role of meditation and yogic coaching in a variety of contexts including:
- stress management for the workplace
- enhanced performance, eg, sporting and artistic
- the dying process, and
- mental illness
- Contemporary research - physiological, psychological, therapeutic and sociological
- Drawing upon science to understand awareness and evolution
- Experiential case studies
- variety of experiences of altered/higher states of consciousness
- Problems on the path due to
- incorrect practice
- sudden kundalini awakenings and pranic disorders
- dietary, lifestyle and behavioural factors
- pseudo awakenings
- manifestations of the ego
- spiritual emergency
- challenges of integrating experience, and
- dark night of the soul experiences
- Practice coaching and teaching
- Giving and receiving feedback from peers and instructors
- Ethics for teaching success
- Dangers and pitfalls for life coaches/meditation teachers
- Team learning, peer and mentor support.
Students who are seeking certification on completion of this program will be required to demonstrate a satisfactory level of competency in each of the program components. Assessment will be based on a combination of practical application and simulated coaching and teaching, written and oral examinations, assignments, completion of the home journal and experience diary, observation by instructors, peer review, and completion of the required hours of home practice and contact hours.
All students will need to have access to computers with good internet connections in order to participate in the on-line learning components of the course.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued on completion of the full program to a satisfactory standard. We are in the process of applying to register the program with professional associations of both life coaches and yoga/meditation teachers. The InSync Institute is an accredited Teacher Training School of the Yoga Teachers Association of Australia Inc.
Course duration and time commitment
This program will comprise over 300 contact hours over a 10 month period, with an additional non-contact component of approximately 15 hours per week, which would include a significant commitment to personal practice of techniques (approximately 10 hours per week) and the rest study and/or group learning, including on line sessions. Required contact days are included in Attachment A. Participants will be expected to attend all contact sessions and to complete the required home program practice and study hours as defined during the course.
Modular approach provides greater flexibility
Our new modular format for the program provides greater flexibility to enable a wider range of people to participate in the program. For example, those wishing to get an initial taste for the program and a general understanding of the Insync approach to supporting people could participate in module one. If they wished to proceed with other modules they could do these in their own time and take up to three years to complete the first three modules. It may also be possible for participants in distant places to do one of the modules fully on line. Those interested in this possibility need to discuss their needs with the course coordinator.
The program is designed for people who would like to develop greater knowledge and skill in helping others be in sync with their life purpose and effectively actualise their desires and goals.
Participants will need to have completed The Transformative Wisdom Introductory Program in order to be considered for enrolment into this course. Participants also need to have an established personal meditation practice, and a strong background in helping others.
The following factors will be considered in selecting applicants for entrance to the Program: suitability as assessed at an entrance interview, established personal meditation practice, stable physical and psychological health, references from teachers/coaches with whom the applicant has studied, character references, demonstrated level of commitment to the program. The decision to accept an applicant for the program will remain with the Course Director.
Number of participants
A maximum of 12 places will be offered on this program. Places will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Places will not be reserved without the payment of a deposit. A reserve list will be kept and should places on the program become available they will be offered to those on this reserve list.
Meals provide an opportunity for participants to come together and share their insights, learnings and experiences. The cost of meals is not covered by the course fee. We have a food kitty to which participants contribute and food preparation is shared by the group, with specific individual needs being looked after where this is at all possible.
A deposit of $500.00 will secure your place on the program. This deposit will secure your place until close of business on Friday 9 March 2012, when payment of the course fee is required by either of the two options outlined below.
Up-front payment option:
- Payment of the full course fee of $4,995 (Early Bird $4,445)
- Payment of the course fee in three instalments of $1,665.00 (plus $500 deposit)
Note: The course fee does not include meals on course days.
Deposits will only be refunded if cancellation is notified 30 days prior to course commencement. Refer to our Refund Policy for further information